Based in Honolulu, Hawaii, Convergence CT develops and markets highly secure patient data warehouse products, query tools, and patient data research analytics for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and healthcare industries. Emphasizing the ‘convergence’ of rich clinical data with advanced information technology and analysis, Convergence CT is able to offer a fresh and innovative approach to accelerating medical research, clinical development, and departmental analysis. These solutions significantly improve efficiencies for healthcare data management and data analysis, outcomes and disease management, clinical trial planning and recruitment processes, and research for global markets.
Convergence CT’s flagship product is its Clinical Data Warehouse (CDW), a suite of applications and its associated data warehouse that provide a secure environment to ensure patient data confidentiality, improve healthcare organizations’ operations, and accelerate clinical research. The software takes extracted patient health data from a wide variety of healthcare organizations’ clinical systems (for example, pharmacy, admissions, laboratory, and electronic medical record data, etc.) as well as operational systems (for example, billing and insurance processing), normalizes and consolidates these data into a secure, central, location for analysis. Security features of the CDW protect the identities of patients and physicians while tracking all activity and access into and out of the patient record, under strict guidelines offered through the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The Clinical Data Warehouse provides:
- A pathway for the collection, normalization, and aggregation of HIPAA-compliant comparative healthcare data
- Key benchmarks for practice management, clinical performance, product performance, health outcomes, economics, efficiency, and quality of care
- Assistance to providers, policy makers, and purchasers (including employers and employees) in making better decisions regarding healthcare choices
- Industry-wide standards of care, quality benchmarks, new tools for clinical trials, disease management protocols, and a host of evidence-based guidelines for accountability in healthcare
The company was founded with the understanding that Clinical Informatics is the most important keys to healthcare quality improvement. By placing health information in the hands of clinicians and medical researchers, more effective and efficient decision making is ensured. Further, to comply with privacy issues, legislation and governance, the company has taken extraordinary measures to protect the privacy of individuals and to ensure data integrity and data security.
Convergence CT also offers Data Analysis (Analytics) services and comparative reports, and has established a Global Research Network joining Life Science organizations with Healthcare providers to accelerate the clinical trial and medical research processes. There is extreme value in providing technology to the Healthcare and Life Sciences markets, with the ultimate result being to advance medical research, improve healthcare quality, and to save lives.
Added Value: The Convergence Global Research Network (CGRN)
The Convergence Global Research Network (CGRN) leverages technology to accelerate the clinical trial process and enhance collaborative efforts throughout the research process. The CGRN is not a contract research organization or a site management organization. Its major function is to facilitate relationships between members of the CGRN and medical research organizations by expediting the selection and placement of company-sponsored clinical research at facilities with the experience necessary to conduct specialized clinical trials. Using its members, the program has the ability to match investigational products to institutions based on clinical specialty, research facility experience and capabilities. It is a service that clearly benefits both provider members and sponsors, providing:
- Access to a robust database of information that is accurate & reliable
- A Global Research Network with a single point of entry for rapid response
- A single point of contact for site identification & selection
- Seamless clinical trial placement processes & efficient trial notification
- Quick identification & access to key personnel in clinical research facilities
- Identification of sites that have the essential functions for managing clinical trials
- Placement of research opportunities in providers with experience to conduct quality research in a timely manner
- Strong communication between suppliers and research facilities
- A liaison between client & facilities to assist in tracking timeliness and performance during a trial
By participating in the Convergence Global Research Network, provider hospitals and healthcare systems immediately expand their access to the organizations conducting clinical trials. Benefits of participation include:
- Promotion of participating CGRN research facilities and their expertise
- Notification of studies based on clinical trial experience and clinical specialty
- The ability to offer new therapies to patients in need
- Coordination of activities with other participating CGRN members engaged in research
- Creation of a seamless clinical trial placement process
- Development and maintenance of a highly interactive relationship with clinical research directors and critical thought leaders within the membership community
- Revenue enhancement opportunities
Through participation in the CGRN, sponsors, in turn, gain access to robust information that is accurate and reliable, with a single point of contact for site identification and selection, and a seamless clinical trial placement process. Sponsors also have access to the quick identification of, and access to, key research personnel within the CGRN itself. Identification of acceptable facilities and investigator capabilities on a global basis, are offered through the CGRN.